(By: Utkarsh Rustogi, JEE AIR- 874, Ex-ICADian,Grad. Student IIT
Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is considered to be the top notch entrance examination for all the undergraduate engineering aspirants in
. It is considered to be one of the toughest examinations not only in India but also abroad considering the number of students getting selected and the number of candidates appearing for the examination. But, in the opinion of author, it does not have much complex questions or difficult to crack questions in it. It is just a different pattern of examination and thus it requires a different approach in understanding the same subjects. The success lies in understanding the basic fundas and practicing well before the examination. India
Without mincing words (the examination is in April!!), let us ponder over a few important points to be taken into consideration for preparation for IITJEE.
- One can succeed in cracking the IIT JEE if one believes that he/she can get into the IIT and most importantly believes that success at IIT is independent of the success at school or internal tests in coaching classes.
- Prepare a list of all the topics you are strong at and the portions which you are weak at. Plan actions accordingly. Allocation of time for study is to be based on this list. Never fall in trap by giving more time to the subject which you like most and very less time which is not relishing.
- Never try to learn a new topic in the final days. This would be only a waste of time and might reduce confidence level too.
- While revising the topics try to make short important notes and list of formulae (if not made them still now). Try to memorize all the formulae. These short notes would be helpful in the final revision of the topics.
- Be confident, positive and do not panic. After all it is just another exam.
- Analyze previous years IIT-JEE question papers and track some patterns. Although the questions are never repeated but there is a definite pattern which need to tracked?
- Practice makes a man perfect. Aptly said. Sufficient practice will help in achieving a proper balance between speed and accuracy. While revising a subject, practice in an environment of examination hall. This would be an actual simulation of the examination itself.
- Try to solve sample question papers and previous years' papers according to the time schedule i.e. 9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. This will help in many ways i.e. Practice, time management and also keeping active during this period of time. Also avoid sleeping in this time.
- Don’t waste time watching TV and sitting in front of computer searching for tips, socializing etc. These things can wait after cracking the IIT JEE.
- Outdoor games or a walk in the evening would be good. Take care of your health and be confident.
- Last but not the least STUDY HARD and STUDY HARD.
BEST OF LUCK!!